Sunday, June 5, 2011

Recipe: Loaded Oatmeal Cookies!

Why settle for plain oatmeal cookies when you can have ‘em fully loaded with yummy goodness.  I saw this online and Mmm I am making it RIGHT NOW.. TONIGHT and screwing my rule of no eating after 6pm! ;)

Combine 2 eggs, 2 stick of softened butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and  3/4 cup brown sugar in your mixer.
.
Then add 1 1/2 cups of flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon baking soda and blend together.
Then gradually add 3 – 3 1/2 cups of Quick Oats and combine.
Now comes the fun part… I like to add 1/2 cup coconut, 1 cup dried dried cranberries and 1 bag of mini chocolate chips… and when I have walnuts on hand I add those as well :)
Blend together until everything is incorporated.
I like to use cookies scoops like THIS ONE so my cookies are all the same size.  I’m also a huge fan of parchment paper.  Last winter I was able to stock up on a ton of it when it went on sale for 75% off at Target.
Bake for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
Pile cookies on a cake plate and leave on the counter.
They should be gone by the end of the day :)

(Thanks Fabulessly!)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this recipe! I am looking forward to make oatmeal cookies... Yummy!

    ReplyDelete