Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Keri's Journey to Zaycon Chicken!

I ordered 80-lbs of Zaycon Chicken. It was an amazing deal for me since food prices here in Montana is sky-high due to no farming here. We specialize in beef, wild game, and wheat. (So, bread, beef, wildgame meat is dirt cheap for me)

So,.. Yesterday I loaded up the kids in the truck and set for my 45-min to 1 hour drive over 2 big mountain passes at 7,000 elevation with a 7% grade. AND it was starting to snow and 25degrees outside. Ekk.

On the very top of the pass- 7,000 elevation. (I live on the Rockies Mountains)


Finally, we reached the valley- in the distance you can see the town of Butte.



The Zaycon Truck!


I arrived to pick up my chicken.. there was no line- just a single car in front of me that was chatting with the Zaycon employee. That's one of the perks of living in Montana.. no lines. (LOL)

He loaded up 2 HEAVY boxes full of chicken onto the back seat of the truck. Off I went.. back over the two mountain passes.



Oh my goodness.. the chicken breasts were-- HUGE!! I mean, HUGE! I had to trim and bag 80 pounds of chicken...

I finished one box and looked at my pile of packaged chicken... my hands.. HURT. My wrists.. HURT. Ow.


My half of the Chicken- about 40 pounds. (some bags in the front are smaller since they are for stir-fry)


I made dinner for the kids- with chicken and it was so TASTY! Mmmm.

Then I got back to work... and finished trimming all the chicken. The kids helped this time.




Then.. PAH.. PAH! I was done!!! about 50 bags!




Now.. was it worth it??

YES!

YES!

Will I do it again??

YES!

YES!--- with help. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment