Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Dinner: Rainbow Cupcakes

Those close to me knows I love to make cupcakes for each occassion!

This is my new FAVORITE: Colored Cupcakes! (You can make camoflage, tie-dye, princess, etc colored cupcakes!)

Here are the instructions to make the Rainbow ones.

Ingredients:
Cake Mix
Vegetable Oil
2 or 3 Eggs
Food Coloring (USE WILSON COLORS.. period!)
Water
Cupcake Liners




1. Start out by making the Cake Mix as directed on back of the box. (Use Vegetable Oil, Eggs, Water, and the Cake Mix)


2. Then, divide the batter in separate bowls. The colors of the rainbow are: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple. So,.. you will need 6 bowls.



3. Add a bit of food coloring to each bowl. **The reason I use Wilson colors is because they are more VIBRANT and COLORFUL than regular food color!**
The colors I used: Rose, Orange, Yellow, Leaf Green, Teal, Violet


4. Line your cupcake liners into your cupcake tray. **USE WHITE liners so you can see the colors through the liner when the cupcakes are done!**



5. Add a tablespoon of one color into all cupcake liners.


6. Then, stack the colors by the colors of the rainbow: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple.
**ABOUT ONE TABLESPOON EACH COLOR!**





7. Your cupcakes should be about 1/2 to 2/3 full. Set the oven at 350 degrees. Pop it into the oven for about 20 minutes!



8. After it comes out of the oven it will look like this:



9. Then when you bite into it.. it looks like this.. BEAUTIFUL!
(Of course you can add frosting!)


Have FUN! If you do make your own rainbow or colored cupcakes be sure to send me a picture! I would love to feature it here! :)

3 comments:

  1. Pretty!! They look almost too pretty to eat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. not that hard to do this! I'll try this weekend. I love to bake a cake or brownies or cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing about this recipe! That's AWESOME idea! I think about make rainbow cupcake for my son's school Halloween party...!

    -Stacey

    ReplyDelete