Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Keri's 3/8/11 Trip

Hello you all! I had to go to Bozeman to take advantage of the Albertson's Doublers and the Safeway California Kitchen Pizza/Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks promo. I also went to Walmart to test them out on the catalinas. They had a field day! Yikes. Anyway..

ALBERTSON'S:
2 BestLife Butter
2 Jose Ole's
3 Skinny Cow IceCream
12 Jello Temptations
3 Kikkoman Soy Sauce
2 Friskies
2 Wonka Duck Candy
2 Glade Plug-Ins (I know I know-- they were moneymakers of 1.00!)
9 French's Worcheshire Sauce
10 Hefty OneZip Bags
1 Bunch Bananas
1 bag Baby Carrots
Value: $139.58

SPENT: $12.10
SAVED: $127.48
91% Savings!
I spent more than I normally do- but I wanted those Skinny Cow.. usually 5.99 I got them for 1.99! Also those Jose Ole's usually 5.99 I got them for 1.99 as well!
(AND I still have $3.00 Catalina good towards any purchase!)


SAFEWAY:
10 Snak-Saks
4 Cheesenips
4 Oats Revolution
1 Bag FrenchFries
4 Michael Angelo's
12 California Pizza Kitchen
67 Boxes Fruit Snacks

Value: $276.28 
SPENT: $9.13
SAVED: $267.15
97% Savings!
I made profit shopping at Safeway!! I love getting *PAID* to shop!!
(AND I still have $36.00 in Catalinas good towards any purchase!)



CVS:
1 Physicans Formula (13.99 yikes!)
1 Benefiber
2 Gas-X
2 Dove Men's Deodorant
Value: $42.64

SPENT: $2.66
SAVED: $39.98
93% Savings!
I got paid to shop, AGAIN!
(I got back a $10.00 ECB- good towards any purchase in the future!!)

THEN.... I went to Walmart: It was interesting there. I got an old lady as a cashier since that was the only lane open at 11pm. She questioned my Millstone coupons, and then a manager came over and said maybe it is because the coupon exceeds the item value. I whipped out the new Walmart policy and showed her that coupons may exceed the product value and that I can get cash back or have the overage balance towards my purchase. She told the cashier to go ahead and scan the coupons and went to make copies of the new policy- she had a whole stack of copies (lol)

THEN... I wanted to pay with my catalinas. They said no- I have to use them at the store logo on them. I then again took out the Walmart policy and pointed at the catalina policy. She said fine then she put them in as a vendor coupon... AND HANDED THEM BACK TO ME! It took me another 20 minutes trying to explain that they will not lose money over those- they just need to mail them to the address stated on the Catalinas so they can get reimbursed. She then gave up and took them from me and tossed them in the trash! **WHAT?!** Um, ok. At least I tried to help...... Um.. OK. The store co-director came by (it was a young guy surprisingly) He explained to the 3 ladies that were working on my transaction that COUPONS ARE GOOD! Also that THEY WILL GET THEIR MONEY BACK for the store. It appeared that those 3 older ladies thought that the store was losing money. Uhm.. no! The guy tried to explain that the store makes profit on coupons and that they were good for the store. Seems like he gave up after a while because he threw his hands up in the air and walked away. Those 3 ladies kept whispering and giving me looks. I guess it's time for a call to corporate. Sigh. Anyway- Here is what I got at WallyWorld:


Walmart:
2 Laundry Baskets (7.50/ea)
26 Millstone Coffee Prepacks (1.64/ea)
1 BlueBunny Vanilla Icecream (3.78/ea)
4 U by Kotex (1.24/ea)
1 envelope (1.74)
1 Pull-Up Wipes (1.64)
1 Black Fitted Sheets (5.00)
1 Parent Choice 3pk Wipes (4.64)
Value: $79.40

SPENT: $2.40
SAVED: $77.00
91% Savings!
I used: (26) $2/1 Millstone, (1) $2/1 BlueBunny, (2) 2.50/2 Kotex, (1) 1.00/1 Pullups wipes, AND 17.00 in Catalinas.
(I can't believe the lady threw away the catalinas... TSK! It shows how POORLY trained Walmart Employees are!!!!)

-Much Love, Keri

4 comments:

  1. What are Catalinas and where are they accrued from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel- Catalinas/Register Rewards/ ECB/ Up Rewards are all the same thing.

    You get them when there is a catalina special from the manufacturer. For example there was a catalina for get 2.00 when you buy 3 Jello Temptations. So that 2.00 I got after I bought 3 Temptations is good for ANYTHING. (kinda like cash!) Makes sense?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So they are just manufacturer coupons? and what about the doublers coupon, does Walmart accept those as well?

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the Boise Area.. Walmarts there accept doublers. In Montana where I am.. NOPE! :(

    ReplyDelete